* What hook to use for headercleaning?
@ 2003-06-13  9:00 Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany
From: Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany @ 2003-06-13  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm subscribed on some mailing lists that set the "Reply-To:" field to the
list :-( Ugly, ugly...

What's the best way to clean this using gnus?

Hints are welcome -- Peter

--
Consultant der CLASS AG   http://www.class.de
Professional Services

* Re: What hook to use for headercleaning?
@ 2003-06-13  9:12 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-06-13  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter.Weiss@germany.sun.com (Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany) writes:

> I'm subscribed on some mailing lists that set the "Reply-To:" field
> to the list :-( Ugly, ugly...
>
> What's the best way to clean this using gnus?

(info "(gnus)Group Parameters")

`broken-reply-to'
     Elements like `(broken-reply-to . t)' signals that `Reply-To'
     headers in this group are to be ignored, and for the header to be
     hidden if `reply-to' is part of `gnus-boring-article-headers'.
     This can be useful if you're reading a mailing list group where
     the listserv has inserted `Reply-To' headers that point back to
     the listserv itself.  That is broken behavior.  So there!

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge

* Re: What hook to use for headercleaning?
@ 2003-06-13 13:27   ` Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany
From: Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany @ 2003-06-13 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan> Peter.Weiss@germany.sun.com (Peter Weiss, Sun Microsystems, Germany)
Johan> writes:
>> I'm subscribed on some mailing lists that set the "Reply-To:" field to the
>> list :-( Ugly, ugly...
>>
>> What's the best way to clean this using gnus?

Johan> (info "(gnus)Group Parameters")

Johan> [...]

Hello Johan,

thanks for the info, works perfect. I did not imagine that it is so easy...

Peter