* An editing request
@ 2000-10-21 11:33 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-10-21 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not sure if this may be a local config thing, but `wouldn't it be nice
if' (tm) the nifty fontlocking that is available in
`gnus-draft-edit-message' (`D e'), were also available with
`gnus-summary-edit-article' (`e').

On my setup, whenever I use `gnus-summary-edit-article', all
fontlocking disappears, I get a view similar to the view produced with
`C-u g'.

Whereas `gnus-draft-edit-message' retains the nifty colors.

* Re: An editing request
@ 2000-10-21 22:33 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2000-10-21 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Not sure if this may be a local config thing, but `wouldn't it be nice
> if' (tm) the nifty fontlocking that is available in
> `gnus-draft-edit-message' (`D e'), were also available with
> `gnus-summary-edit-article' (`e').

Speaking of, what do I look at to change the colors?  Dark green on
black is a little hard to read.  I'm guessing the Gnus default colors
assume default text is dark on light; WIBNI if there could be another
default color scheme used when Gnus detects that default text is light
on dark?

paul

* Re: An editing request
@ 2000-10-22  1:06   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-10-22  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> > Not sure if this may be a local config thing, but `wouldn't it be nice
> > if' (tm) the nifty fontlocking that is available in
> > `gnus-draft-edit-message' (`D e'), were also available with
> > `gnus-summary-edit-article' (`e').
>
> Speaking of, what do I look at to change the colors?  Dark green on
> black is a little hard to read.  I'm guessing the Gnus default colors
> assume default text is dark on light; WIBNI if there could be another
> default color scheme used when Gnus detects that default text is light
> on dark?

I believe there is a varible that controls that very thing but
couldn't find it just now with a few lazy searches.  Someone will know
off the top of their head.

To see a `few' options that can be customized try:

M-x customize-apropos <RET> gnus <RET>

Will show you more customizations than you ever thought possible.
But be prepared for a bit of a wait while the buffer is  prepared.

For a little narrower look (and more to your point) try:

M-x customize-apropos <RET> gnus.*face <RET>

* Re: An editing request
@ 2000-10-23 17:11   ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2000-10-23 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Paul> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
    >> Not sure if this may be a local config thing, but `wouldn't it be nice
    >> if' (tm) the nifty fontlocking that is available in
    >> `gnus-draft-edit-message' (`D e'), were also available with
    >> `gnus-summary-edit-article' (`e').

    Paul> Speaking of, what do I look at to change the colors?  Dark green on
    Paul> black is a little hard to read.  I'm guessing the Gnus default
    Paul> colors assume default text is dark on light; WIBNI if there could be
    Paul> another default color scheme used when Gnus detects that default
    Paul> text is light on dark?

In your .Xdefaults (or otherwise named X resources file):

Emacs.Border:   gray
Emacs.message-separator-face.attributeForeground:       LightBlue

is the sort of thing you want to do.  At one time I had settings for a lot of
others, but I haven't used them for some time, so they're commented out:

!!# Emacs.message-header-name-face.attributeForeground:     Thistle
!!# Emacs.message-header-other-face.attributeForeground:    DarkTurquoise
!!# Emacs.message-header-cc-face.attributeForeground:       Tan
!!# Emacs.message-header-xheader-face.attributeForeground:  LightSteelBlue
!!# Emacs.message-cited-text-face.attributeForeground:      Cyan
!!# Emacs.message-header-subject-face.attributeForeground:  LightPink
!!# Emacs.message-header-subject-face.attributeBold:        True
!!# Emacs.gnus-separator-face.attributeForeground:          LightBlue
!!# Emacs.gnus-header-subject-face.attributeForeground:     LightPink
!!# Emacs.gnus-header-subject-face.attributeBold:           True
!!# Emacs.gnus-header-other-face.attributeForeground:       DarkTurquoise
!!# Emacs.gnus-group-mail-low-face.attributeForeground:     MediumAquamarine
!!# Emacs.gnus-group-mail-low-empty-face.attributeForeground:     CadetBlue
!!# Emacs.gnus-splash-face.attributeForeground:             Salmon
!!# Emacs.gnus-header-content-face.attributeForeground:     Wheat
!!# Emacs.gnus-header-name-face.attributeForeground:        Tan

--
 Ted Stern                                          Engineering Applications
 Cray Inc.                                               http://www.cray.com