* help with window configuration
@ 1998-10-11 20:01 Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-10-11 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using the following to control my window configuration:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   '(vertical 1.0
	(horizontal 8
	    (vertical 0.75 (summary 1.0 point))
	    (vertical 1.0 (tree 1.0)))
	(article 1.0))))

I'd like the top 8 lines of the screen to be used for a 75%/25%
horizontal split between summary and tree.  The remainder vertical
portion of the screen should be used for the article buffer.

Shouldn't the above form do that?  It seems to be sizing the
summary/tree split based on the vertical size of the contents of the
tree buffer.

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
       Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

* Re: help with window configuration
@ 1998-10-12  1:04 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-12  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Simmons <simmonmt@acm.org> writes:

> Shouldn't the above form do that?  It seems to be sizing the
> summary/tree split based on the vertical size of the contents of the
> tree buffer.

If you set `gnus-tree-minimize-window' to nil, then the tree window
won't be resized.

* Re: help with window configuration
@ 1998-10-12  5:01   ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-10-12  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Matt> Shouldn't the above form do that?  It seems to be sizing the
    Matt> summary/tree split based on the vertical size of the contents of the
    Matt> tree buffer.

    Lars> If you set `gnus-tree-minimize-window' to nil, then the tree window
    Lars> won't be resized.

That was it.  Thanks.

Should this be mentioned in the Info doc on the window configuration
page (perhaps as a cross-reference)?

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
    Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear

* Re: help with window configuration
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-17 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt Simmons <simmonmt@acm.org> writes:

> Should this be mentioned in the Info doc on the window configuration
> page (perhaps as a cross-reference)?

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.35.