* "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ??
@ 2002-11-26  1:24 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-11-26  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I updated my gnus from CVS now, and I got an error, "Symbol's value as
variable is void: downloaded", when I enter a group or select some
articles.

How can I fix it?

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ??
@ 2002-11-26  3:30 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2002-11-26  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo wrote:

>I updated my gnus from CVS now, and I got an error, "Symbol's value as
>variable is void: downloaded", when I enter a group or select some
>articles.
>
>How can I fix it?

Edit gnus-tree-highlight-node in gnus-salt.el. Add (downloaded nil)
right after (default-low gnus-summary-default-low-score).  I permanent
fix is currently in testing.

Kevin

* Re: "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ??
@ 2002-11-27  1:47   ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-11-27  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got also "Symbol's value as variable is void: deactivate-mark" in
news and I can't get in groups. What is the temporaray fix for it?

--
| Jinhyok Heo (novembre @ ournature.org || http://ournature.org/~novembre/)
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ?? (TEMP FIX!)
@ 2002-11-27  3:35     ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2002-11-27  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo wrote:

>I got also "Symbol's value as variable is void: deactivate-mark" in
>news and I can't get in groups. What is the temporaray fix for it?

Replace deactivate-mark with gnus-deactivate-mark in gnus-agent.el.

Kevin

* Re: "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ?? (TEMP FIX!)
@ 2002-11-27  4:06       ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-11-27  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

    KG> Jinhyok Heo wrote:

    > I got also "Symbol's value as variable is void: deactivate-mark"
    > in news and I can't get in groups. What is the temporaray fix
    > for it?
    >
    KG> Replace deactivate-mark with gnus-deactivate-mark in gnus-agent.el.

Sorry for bothering you. This time, gnus said "number-at-point" is
void.

--

@ 2002-11-27  4:41         ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2002-11-27  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo wrote:

>    KG> Jinhyok Heo wrote:
>
>    > I got also "Symbol's value as variable is void: deactivate-mark"
>    > in news and I can't get in groups. What is the temporaray fix
>    > for it?
>    >
>    KG> Replace deactivate-mark with gnus-deactivate-mark in gnus-agent.el.
>
>Sorry for bothering you. This time, gnus said "number-at-point" is
>void.

No problem.  If we hadn't checked this in, you'd be happly working with
the old gnus-agent.

I believe that the number-at-point can be fixed by adding a (require
'thingatpt) to gnus-agent.el.  To be honest, I'm not sure if that will
help as some of the other threads reported problems getting this to work
under XEmacs.

If you are having problems, I believe that simply commenting-out the
entire body of the gnus-agent-check-overview-buffer function.   This is
a debug routine that we left in to detect data corruption problems.
 Still, if the debug is the problem, it won't hurt to remove it.

Kevin

* Re: "Symbol's value as variable is void: downloaded" ?? (TEMP FIX!)
@ 2002-11-27  4:43         ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2002-11-27  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Sorry for bothering you. This time, gnus said "number-at-point" is
> void.

It has been fixed in CVS.  You need to have the fsf-compat
XEmacs package installed.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>