* encoding/decoding, ticking articles.
@ 1998-09-09 13:04 Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1998-09-09 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just noticed: When i tick an article with '!', it decodes. If I
redisplay it displays correctly again - this is with Pgnus 0.23.
--
Jon Kvebaek <jkv@sys.sol.no>
Wrinkled earlobes are a sign of impending heart attacks.

* Re: encoding/decoding, ticking articles.
@ 1998-09-10  0:29 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-10  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Kvebaek <jkv@a.sol.no> writes:

> Just noticed: When i tick an article with '!', it decodes.

Er.  Do you have caching switched on?

> If I redisplay it displays correctly again - this is with Pgnus
> 0.23.

Isn't "decoded" correct?

* Re: encoding/decoding, ticking articles.
@ 1998-09-10  7:39   ` Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1998-09-10  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

| > Just noticed: When i tick an article with '!', it decodes.
|
| Er.  Do you have caching switched on?

Yes.

| > If I redisplay it displays correctly again - this is with Pgnus
| > 0.23.
|
| Isn't "decoded" correct?

My, am I confused? I can see the funny letters when I redisplay the
articles :)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-11  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Kvebaek <jkv@a.sol.no> writes:

> | > Just noticed: When i tick an article with '!', it decodes.
> |
> | Er.  Do you have caching switched on?
>
> Yes.
>
> | > If I redisplay it displays correctly again - this is with Pgnus
> | > 0.23.
> |
> | Isn't "decoded" correct?
>
> My, am I confused? I can see the funny letters when I redisplay the
> articles :)

I'm not sure what you're saying.  "Decoding" means taking something
that's out there and making it display right in the Emacs buffer.  So
when you say "!" decodes, and then redisplay makes it display
correctly, I don't know what you mean...

* Re: encoding/decoding, ticking articles.
@ 1998-09-11  8:30       ` Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1998-09-11  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm not sure what you're saying.  "Decoding" means taking something
> that's out there and making it display right in the Emacs buffer.  So
> when you say "!" decodes, and then redisplay makes it display
> correctly, I don't know what you mean...

I'm the confuser. M-% decode encode. Sorry about that. Anyway - it all
seems to work correctly in the last versions of pgnus.

--

@ 1998-09-11  9:16         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-11  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Kvebaek <jkv@a.sol.no> writes:

> I'm the confuser. M-% decode encode. Sorry about that. Anyway - it all
> seems to work correctly in the last versions of pgnus.

Even if you remove

(standard-display-european t)

* Re: encoding/decoding, ticking articles.
@ 1998-09-11 10:17           ` Jon Kvebaek
From: Jon Kvebaek @ 1998-09-11 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Even if you remove
>
> (standard-display-european t)

Yes. It seems to work with the gnus-use-cache as well.