* Anyone using gnus with qmail ?
@ 1996-11-24  9:46 Aharon Schkolnik
From: Aharon Schkolnik @ 1996-11-24  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

	I'm considering switching over to qmail instead of
sendmail. It's supposed to be more secure. Anyone using qmail with
gnus yet ?

TIA.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   Aharon@Matat.Health.Gov.IL

* Re: Anyone using gnus with qmail ?
@ 1996-11-24 20:16 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-11-24 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon> Hi.

Aharon> I'm considering switching over to qmail instead of
Aharon> sendmail. It's supposed to be more secure. Anyone using qmail
Aharon> with gnus yet ?

Somebody has recently posted code to use qmail Maildir.

My .qmail looks like:
| preline /usr/bin/procmail

and I didn't have to change a thing in Gnus or .procmailrc.  :-)
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: Anyone using gnus with qmail ?
@ 1996-11-24 21:23 ` Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1996-11-24 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aharon Schkolnik <aharon@healdb.matat.health.gov.il> writes:
> 	I'm considering switching over to qmail instead of
> sendmail. It's supposed to be more secure. Anyone using qmail with
> gnus yet ?

I've been using it for a few months.  You should have no trouble,
really, qmail DTRT all the time.

For outgoing mail, you have two options.  If you've installed qmail's
fake-sendmail in place of the original, you can keep using
message-send-mail-with-sendmail.  If not, or if you just want to hand
mail to qmail-inject directly, use
(setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-qmail)

For incoming mail, you have a few options.  One is to use maildir
format along with the code someone posted here recently.

Another option is to use procmail to deliver to /var/spool/mail/you as
Steven Baur said.  This is nice if you use procmail for mail massaging
already; it's a lose if you use it as a way to get your mail delivered
to /var/spool/mail/you.

The third option is to let qmail deliver to a folder (~/Mailbox) and
add that folder to the list of spools checked by gnus.
(push (expand-file-name "~/Mailbox") nnmail-spool-file)

I use the third option.

-Sudish