* Doc. bugs Node: Hiding Headers etc.
@ 2001-03-15  2:49 Sriram Karra
From: Sriram Karra @ 2001-03-15  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is someone (or group) into actively maintaining the gnus manual?  I
was wondering if some simple corrections to the manual would be
acceptable here?

I would try this time anyways:

(1) In the node `Hiding Headers', there is a mention of the variable
    gnus-treat-hide-boring-header , when it should actually be
    gnus-treat-hide-boring-headers.

(2) In the same node, a little below that, it says
    "To include the four three elements, you could say something
    like;" - needs fixing?

(3) In the node `Group Parameters', would it not be nice to have a
    pointer to gnus-group-edit-group-parameters, or a word about how
    exactly one goes about setting these parameters - I mean, this
    node has great visibility, by showing up on the Top node of gnus.
    So I would guess a lot of people would start here on Group
    Parameters...

FWIW...

-Sriram.

* Re: Doc. bugs Node: Hiding Headers etc.
@ 2001-03-15 22:03 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-03-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 14 Mar 2001, Sriram Karra wrote:

> Is someone (or group) into actively maintaining the gnus manual?  I
> was wondering if some simple corrections to the manual would be
> acceptable here?

You can also make bug reports for this kind of thing.  Thanks for this
report.

> I would try this time anyways:
>
> (1) In the node `Hiding Headers', there is a mention of the variable
>     gnus-treat-hide-boring-header , when it should actually be
>     gnus-treat-hide-boring-headers.

Thanks, fixed.

> (2) In the same node, a little below that, it says
>     "To include the four three elements, you could say something
>     like;" - needs fixing?

Thanks, fixed.

> (3) In the node `Group Parameters', would it not be nice to have a
>     pointer to gnus-group-edit-group-parameters, or a word about how
>     exactly one goes about setting these parameters - I mean, this
>     node has great visibility, by showing up on the Top node of
>     gnus.  So I would guess a lot of people would start here on
>     Group Parameters...

Fwiw, I see some mention of `G p' and `G c' near the bottom of that
node.  Is this the case in your version, too?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: Doc. bugs Node: Hiding Headers etc.
@ 2001-03-15 23:15   ` Sriram Karra
From: Sriram Karra @ 2001-03-15 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > (3) In the node `Group Parameters', would it not be nice to have a
> >     pointer to gnus-group-edit-group-parameters, or a word about how
> >     exactly one goes about setting these parameters - I mean, this
> >     node has great visibility, by showing up on the Top node of
> >     gnus.  So I would guess a lot of people would start here on
> >     Group Parameters...
>
> Fwiw, I see some mention of `G p' and `G c' near the bottom of that
> node.  Is this the case in your version, too?

Err...  I missed it.  Sorry about that...

-Sriram.