* Grabbing single name user names for this elisp don't work in GNUS/Oort
@ 2002-06-08 10:37 Sean Rima
From: Sean Rima @ 2002-06-08 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Gnus Oort, CVS version along with Ifmail for Fidonet use. I have a
function that reads the from name and makes an X-Comment-To header for
selected NGs which works fine as long as the original poster has two or
more words in his name, but if he/she only has one then it fails. The
script is:

,----[ gnus_xcom.el ]
| (require `sendmail)
| (require `mail-utils)
| (require `mail-extr)
| (require `message)
| (provide `fido-message-header-setup)
|
| (defvar fido-ftn-address-regexp "fido\|ger\.sub\.de"
|   "A regexp matching FTN addresses.")
|
| (defvar fido-ftn-newsgroup-regexp "fido\\|ln\\|adv\\|micronet"
|   "A regexp matching FTN newsgroups.")
|
| (defun fido-is-fido-mail ()
|   "Returns t if the current message is sent to an FTN address."
|   (and
|    (message-fetch-field "To")
|    (string-match fido-ftn-address-regexp (message-fetch-field "To"))))
|
| (defun fido-is-fido-news ()
|   "Returns t if the current message is sent to a FTN newsgroup."
|   (and
|    (message-fetch-field "Newsgroups")
|    (string-match
|     fido-ftn-newsgroup-regexp (message-fetch-field "Newsgroups"))))
|
| (defun fido-get-name ()
|   "Get the name of the author of the original message."
|   (car (mail-extract-address-components
|         (message-fetch-reply-field "from"))))
|
| (defun fido-message-header-setup ()
|   "Inserts the appropriate headers."
|   (if (fido-is-fido-mail)
|       (progn
|         (mail-position-on-field "to")
|         (insert "")))
|   (and
|    (fido-is-fido-news)
|    (progn
|      (mail-position-on-field "newsgroups")
|      (insert "")
|      t)
|    (fido-get-name)
|    (progn
|      (insert (concat "\nX-Comment-To: " (fido-get-name) "")))))
|
| (add-hook `message-setup-hook `fido-message-header-setup)
`----

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  Linux User:      231986          Jabber:   tcobone@jabber.org
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.

* Re: Grabbing single name user names for this elisp don't work in GNUS/Oort
@ 2002-06-08 10:53 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-06-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Sean Rima <sean@tcob1.net> writes:

> I use Gnus Oort, CVS version along with Ifmail for Fidonet use. I have a
> function that reads the from name and makes an X-Comment-To header for
> selected NGs which works fine as long as the original poster has two or
> more words in his name, but if he/she only has one then it fails. The
> script is:

Use `mail-extr-ignore-single-names' like:

> ,----[ gnus_xcom.el ]
> | (require `sendmail)
> | (require `mail-utils)
> | (require `mail-extr)
> | (require `message)
> | (provide `fido-message-header-setup)
> |
> | (defvar fido-ftn-address-regexp "fido\|ger\.sub\.de"
> |   "A regexp matching FTN addresses.")
> |
> | (defvar fido-ftn-newsgroup-regexp "fido\\|ln\\|adv\\|micronet"
> |   "A regexp matching FTN newsgroups.")
> |
> | (defun fido-is-fido-mail ()
> |   "Returns t if the current message is sent to an FTN address."
> |   (and
> |    (message-fetch-field "To")
> |    (string-match fido-ftn-address-regexp (message-fetch-field "To"))))
> |
> | (defun fido-is-fido-news ()
> |   "Returns t if the current message is sent to a FTN newsgroup."
> |   (and
> |    (message-fetch-field "Newsgroups")
> |    (string-match
> |     fido-ftn-newsgroup-regexp (message-fetch-field "Newsgroups"))))
> |
> | (defun fido-get-name ()
> |   "Get the name of the author of the original message."
      (let (mail-extr-ignore-single-names)
)

@ 2002-06-08 11:24   ` Sean Rima
From: Sean Rima @ 2002-06-08 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)