* [Edbrowse-dev] patch
@ 2013-12-24 19:40 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2013-12-24 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> We really need to work out a better way for patch submission.
> If I can work out how to use github I could probably do something fancy like
> fork the repo and push to my copy or something like that.

I don't think that would be any better / easier.
The only way that is probably better is if Chris gives you write access,
then you could make your changes, test them, commit, and push,
without going around the circle through us and then pull and compare.
That's ok with me, especially since you are now entirely inside two files
that aren't even used in the primary build.
Or you could just work locally with *.cpp,
take a week or two or three or whatever it takes,
then send me one big patch at the end that says
Hey it works with the c++ interface.
Either way is ok with me.
Either way it's a nice Christmas present.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] patch
@ 2013-12-24 22:11 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2013-12-24 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 02:40:28PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> > We really need to work out a better way for patch submission.
> > If I can work out how to use github I could probably do something fancy like
> > fork the repo and push to my copy or something like that.
>
> I don't think that would be any better / easier.
> The only way that is probably better is if Chris gives you write access,
> then you could make your changes, test them, commit, and push,
> without going around the circle through us and then pull and compare.
> That's ok with me, especially since you are now entirely inside two files
> that aren't even used in the primary build.
> Or you could just work locally with *.cpp,
> take a week or two or three or whatever it takes,
> then send me one big patch at the end that says
> Hey it works with the c++ interface.
> Either way is ok with me.
> Either way it's a nice Christmas present.

Yeah, I'll have a go at getting things working locally I think.

Cheers,
Adam.