* [Edbrowse-dev]  debian1
@ 2014-01-05  1:09 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-05  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

but I'd rather not take edbrowse in this (firefox) direction if at all avoidable.

I quite agree.
It looks like the tail wagging the dog.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]  debian
@ 2014-01-04 20:03 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-04 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Nope, web browsers aren't as forgiving as you thought.

Well the result of that is - we have to fill in all the missing variables,
all the objects thatmight be present in a full visual browser,
even if those objects and methods don't really do anything.
This of course is DOM, and would have to be done
before or after the big rewrite,
so the effort would not be in vein.
The more we know about DOM the better.

Or ... maybe ... there is a full open source js + dom we can leverage,
like Chrome, but it has to be completely disentangled from screens
and visual presentations.

Karl Dahlke