* [Edbrowse-dev] rooting
@ 2014-01-06  2:13 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-01-06  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> If I understand correctly, rooting is only necessary if you need an
> unreferenced object to persist for some reason.

That's what I thought, and that would make logical sense.
All the edbrowse objects are referenced, all living under the window tree.
A js string might be your first name that you entered in an online form,
but it is in the tree as
window.document.forms.application.firstname.value
None of these strings or values or objects should be swept away,
and none were in the past.
I can't help wondering if there is someother problem,
and we're barking up the wrong tree.
Obviously there's a problem somewhere.

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-01-06  2:13 UTC | newest]