* [Edbrowse-dev] JS changes?
@ 2014-01-03 15:10 Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-01-03 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hi Adam,
How are the Javascript changes coming along?
I haven't heard anything in about a week, so I figured this was a good
time to ask.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] JS changes?
@ 2014-01-03 17:31 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-01-03 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 07:10:32AM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote:
> How are the Javascript changes coming along?
> I haven't heard anything in about a week, so I figured this was a good
> time to ask.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of progress reporting.
I'm making progress I think, at least I've got jsloc.cpp compiling as c++
against the latest Debian package of libmozjs.
Now it's just a case of fixing jsdom.cpp (which'll probably be worse)
and working out whether the new gc api is going to cause any more problems than
datatype changes.

As an asside, reading the new GC docs made me wonder if the combination of
garbage collector and event handlers could be causing some of the segfaults
we've been having issues with.

I've also got a small suspician that there may be some issues with utf8, though
I'm really not sure.  I guess we won't know until we have something to test.

I've also just forked the edbrowse git repo on github so I've got somewhere to
push commits and hopefully this should make applying patches slightly easier (a
git pull instead of working out what patches need to be applied from various emails).
The repo is at:
https://github.com/arthompson/edbrowse.git

I'm not sure how you get notified there are changes to pull (and I'll
probably end up doing something wrong with git at some stage)
but at least it means if my pc blows up we won't lose everything.

Cheers,
Adam.