From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev] error legs first step
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 16:02:51 -0500	[thread overview]

I wanted to ask you about this before I did anything.

I think the first step in error legs is to allow for the possibility
of cw->jss = null.
It would become null if we encountered an error,
and decided to free the java context,
but still march on with the rest of edbrowse.
That would among other things reclaim the memory used by that context.

And I wouldn't even create the context if javascript was disabled
or disabled for that site.
This is something Adam asked about earlier.
It would be just one line of code change in buffers.c line 4850.
But I have to make sure things don't blow up if jss is null.
So many functions now start out with AutoCompartment as their first line;
before that I would put in

if(!cw->jss) return;

Or something like that.
Anyways I would suggest this as the first step.

Karl Dahlke