* [Edbrowse-dev] javaParseExecute incorrect use of variable
@ 2014-01-18 18:23 Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-01-18 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

This is mainly for Adam, so he can fix it in his jsdom.cpp.  I'll fix it
in jsdom.c on the master branch shortly.

Here's a fragment of the documentation for JS_EvaluateScript:

If a script compiles and executes successfully,
JS_EvaluateScript or JS_EvaluateUCScript stores the result in *rval,
if non-null, and returns JS_TRUE. Otherwise it returns JS_FALSE and the value
left in *rval is undefined.

Here's what we do, from line 1089 of jsdom.c on master:

    ok = JS_EvaluateScript(jcx, this, str, strlen(str),
       filename, lineno, &rval);
    rc = eb_true;
    if(JSVAL_IS_BOOLEAN(rval))
	rc = JSVAL_TO_BOOLEAN(rval);

We never check "ok".  If "ok" is false, the contents of rval shouldn't
be used, since they are undefined.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] javaParseExecute incorrect use of variable
@ 2014-01-19 15:11 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-01-19 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:23:00AM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote:
> This is mainly for Adam, so he can fix it in his jsdom.cpp.  I'll fix it
> in jsdom.c on the master branch shortly.

Thanks, have merged the fix (and hopefully correctly resolved conflicts).
This also hopefully pulled in anything else which has changed.

Have rebuilt and am currently testing.
Hopefully this has fixed some of the weirder js bugs.

Cheers,
Adam.