* [Edbrowse-dev] now using mozjs-24 library
@ 2014-01-30  0:59 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2014-01-30  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Many thanks for the help. It's always nice to have multiple solutions to a
problem.  I'll be using the new edbrowse routinely now, and we'll see what
happens.

BTW, that mozjs-24 package occupies 1.8 GB of disk space on my sistem. I
suppose I could rm the directory now that it's installed under /usr/local,
but not tonight. and maybe not tomorrow. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Chuck

--

 Chuck, now in Ghent: (northeast of Hudson on the Hudson)

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] now using mozjs-24 library
@ 2014-01-30 10:25 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-01-30 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Hallenbeck; +Cc: Edbrowse Development

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 07:59:03PM -0500, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> Many thanks for the help. It's always nice to have multiple solutions to a
> problem.  I'll be using the new edbrowse routinely now, and we'll see what
> happens.

I'd be interested to hear how this goes.

> BTW, that mozjs-24 package occupies 1.8 GB of disk space on my sistem. I
> suppose I could rm the directory now that it's installed under /usr/local,
> but not tonight. and maybe not tomorrow. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Removing the package'll only break debugging stuff if you built with
--enable-debug. If you didn't then removing the source is fine.
Personally though, I prefer to keep a copy of source code around in case I need to check exactly what I've installed.

Cheers,
Adam.