* [Edbrowse-dev]  switch compartment
@ 2014-02-12 14:51 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-12 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Yeah, I guess we'll need some wrappers to do this.

Well the logic is

if(unrecoverable failure) {
i_puts("helpful messsage saying your javascript is rendered invalid for this session,
but will still operate in other sessions.");
DestroyContext(cw->jss->jcx);
delete cw->jss);
cw->jss = NULL;
}

This could be a function, inline function, or macro,
guess I don't have strong feelings about that.

We'll need at least one new message which is fine;
just add some zeros on the end for the other languages
so I can keep the books.
Don't reindent messages.h, it messes up the line counts.
I've been driving for a while and need to work on some other things
so if you want to carry on for a bit that's fine.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]   switch compartment and error handling
@ 2014-02-18 15:25 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-02-18 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:51:04AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> > Yeah, I guess we'll need some wrappers to do this.
>
> Well the logic is
>
> if(unrecoverable failure) {
> i_puts("helpful messsage saying your javascript is rendered invalid for this session,
> but will still operate in other sessions.");
> DestroyContext(cw->jss->jcx);
> delete cw->jss);
> cw->jss = NULL;
> }
>
> This could be a function, inline function, or macro,
> guess I don't have strong feelings about that.

Ok, this is done, see javaSessionFail in jsdom.cpp.
I've also made a start at some sort of error handling in jsdom.cpp.

I've pushed all these changes, and am going to have a look at jsloc.cpp as well.

Cheers,
Adam.
PS: is this also needed in html.cpp or does it just call into js*.cpp?