* [Edbrowse-dev] Option Rebuild and other things
@ 2014-03-08  9:15 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-03-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

This list has been very quiet lately.

1. Any new bugs or segfaults discovered?
I haven't run into any.

2. I think we decided to call js fail on out of memory,
but I still don't see that code in the error reporter.
Is that still the consensus, and should I put it in?

3. Any progress on getting this to work with canned libraries?
Have we done any work on it and/or has debian gotten back to us in any way?

4. I've mentioned that a web page can build itself entirely from js commands,
but in practice that doesn't really happen.
Two things are somewhat common:
dynamically changing a small bit of the page through innerHTML =
which I support in a somewhat kludgy way, and dynamically rebuilding a
select list, which I don't support and in fact causes a segfault.
I was thinking about writing a new function, not a major change to what is there,
but a new function to spin through option lists, if any,
look for changes, adjust the tags accordingly,
and notify the user.
Obviously this would do nothing if js was not alive.
I think it would be nonintrusive, and self-contained, and helpful,
but if you like I will postpone this for another version.
I'll defer to your judgment on this one.
Meantime I can always write it in my mind.
Now that I'm unemployed I hate to go too long
without doing some kind of computer work.

Thanks.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Option Rebuild and other things
@ 2014-03-08 17:58 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-03-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> 1. Any new bugs or segfaults discovered?

I haven't found any either.

> 2. I think we decided to call js fail on out of memory,
> but I still don't see that code in the error reporter.

Yes, I think this is still the consensus, so let's go for it.

> 3. Any progress on getting this to work with canned libraries?

No.  I've checked against their recent updates, and it still crashes.
Someone needs to mail our contact with Debian and ask him if he can help.

> I was thinking about writing a new function, not a major change to what is there,
> but a new function to spin through option lists, if any,
> look for changes, adjust the tags accordingly,
> and notify the user.

If you can do it non-intrusively and without too much change to the
code, that would be great!

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Option Rebuild and other things
@ 2014-03-08 19:36   ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-03-08 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev