From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev]   jQuery
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 18:54:27 -0400	[thread overview]

> Hello - I am Kevin - I appreciate being able to lurk on the list

Please continue to read and post, it is quite helpful,
and perhaps you will join the development team if you find time.

You may want to get and use 3.5.1,
even though that is not an official version release yet.
A lot of changes there; the required change of supporting mozjs 24, but also
new features.
One is attachEvent(), which you aluded to in your post.
This is plain js, not jquery, but jquery may well use this feature
to atttach events to actions.
So pages that would attach a javascript function to a click or a load
will now do something whereas they did nothing before.

parentNode is also new;
I try to connect each node to its parent when created.
This is relevat to your description of the document tree,
and yes web js uses and expects and even modifies this tree all over the place;
we have to support it!
If I am doing the parentnode properly, it would not be too hard
to add in the reverse logic to build the child node links.
Then write the functions to add new nodes
into the tree dynamically.
This is all moving forward, I think,
in the right direction, but slowly,
as it's just a couple of volunteers with some spare time.
Let me know if you can get, build, and use the latest,
and if you have further thoughts on design and development.

Karl Dahlke