* [Edbrowse-dev] Proxy servers per protocol and domain
@ 2014-07-05  4:30 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-07-05  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Ok, you got it, at least my first try.

proxy = some.proxy.server.com

Will still work as it did before, global for all protocols and domains.
But you can also specify three fields

proxy = protocol domain server

See the documentation and the sample ebrc file.

Proxy entries are scanned in order, first match wins.
Example: mycompany.com allows direct access to their hr machine;
all other requests go through their proxy.

proxy = http|https hr.mycompany.com direct
proxy = http|https|ftp * proxy.mycompany.com

mail pop3 and smtp and their secure counterparts also allow for proxy,
which was not there at all before.
I haven't tested it cause I don't have a handy mail proxy server.
Nor have I tested ftp proxy,
but http and https proxy work, so I'm guessing the others work.
I'm sure you'll let me know if they don't.

Another thing I'd like to implement
is a subnet for the domain, such as 192.168.0.0/16

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Proxy servers per protocol and domain
@ 2014-07-07  8:29 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-07-07  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev