From: Adam Thompson <arthompson1990@gmail.com>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js engine process, version 1
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:38:10 +0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 02:50:00PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> Adam offers:
> > I may have a go at plugging in the new code at some stage.
>
> Let me know if you want to take a whack at it. That would be great.
> If not I may try it next week. Either is fine with me.

Ok, I've pushed a couple of commits to start this process.
Unfortunately currently this means things don't compile due to a couple of
missing handler functions which I'm not sure how to implement.

> struct tagInfo and htmlTag move back into eb.h.
> In fact we won't need js.h at all.

As did the associated enums.

> Once the vital declarations move from js.h into eb.h,
> change makefile so it doesn't refer to js.h or jsdom.cpp or jsloc.cpp.
> Nor does it need the mozilla headers or libraries,
> except for the target edbrowse-js, which builds properly today.

It only built properly because everything c++ had these libraries,
I've fixed that now.

> And include edbrowse-js under all:
Done.

> struct htmlTag has the member jv, javascript variable,
> which links this tag to the corresponding object in the js world.
> currently HeapRootedObject jv; needs to be jsobjtype jv;

Done, as well as changing a bunch of those in html.cpp.
Also had to change ->jss to ->jcx (or remove where appropriate) in buffers.c.
Wow this code got tangled up with the js stuff very quickly.
> Rename createJavaContext1 to createJavaContext in ebjs.c
> and similarly for freeJavaContext1.

Done.

> Remove the block at the top of ebjs.c that is there just for stand alone
> compilation.

Done (I think).

> Generate the prototypes for ebjs.c, I can do it with my tool if you like,
> and put them into eb.p.
> We won't need ebjs.p any more.

Done, and ebjs.p is no more.

> Many of these functions are plug in replacements for the old functions.
> get_property_string(object, name)
> it does what it did before.
> So I'm hoping it is an easy process from here.
> Put it all together and build the new edbrowse.

Got stuck on this one, see above note about the handler functions.

Cheers,
Adam.