* [Edbrowse-dev] Acid3 test fails to start
@ 2015-01-21 23:25 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-01-21 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I received this message through github.

>From Vitaly Shukela

Acid3 fails to start. I wanted to check how much points will edbrowse get,
but there is no number at all: *$ ./src/edbrowse http://acid3.acidtests.org/
183856
warning: http error 404, Not Found
line 153: could not fetch javascript from http://acid3.acidtests.org/data:text/javascript,d1%20%3D%20'one'%3B, code 404
warning: http error 404, Not Found
line 154: could not fetch javascript from http://acid3.acidtests.org/data:text/javascript;base64,ZDIgPSAndHdvJzs%3D, code 404
warning: http error 404, Not Found
line 155: could not fetch javascript from http://acid3.acidtests.org/data:text/javascript;base64,%5a%44%4d%67%50%53%41%6e%64%47%68%79%5a%57%55%6e%4f%77%3D%3D, code 404
And more like this.

The javascript does not fetch, and I'm seeing this on more and more sites.
Others report same.
We can't parse the javascript if we can't even fetch it.
All these websites can't be misconfigured.
There is some problem with the mechanism of pulling down the file,
or interpreting the url, or some such.
I tried to fetch this file many different ways,
but can't seem to pull it down at all, in any way.
Any ideas??

I think if this case was solve, many other websites
would fetch their javascript properly as well.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Acid3 test fails to start
@ 2015-01-22 14:48 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-01-22 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev