* [Edbrowse-dev] note on mplayer options
@ 2015-04-14  9:22 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2015-04-14  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Karl,

I noticed in  an earlier post that you propose to use mplayer with an
identical set of options for the file types ra, rm, ram, and pls.  I think
there's a problem there.

The types .ra and .rm are expected to be used on an actual audio file,
while the types .ram and .pls are expected to refer to a file whose
contents is a pathname to such a file. It's an indirect reference to an
actual audio file.

mplayer wants the user to give it a heads up by including the option
-playlist for .ram, .pls, and other similar indirect references.

Chuck

* [Edbrowse-dev]  note on mplayer options
@ 2015-04-14 14:44 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-04-14 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> I noticed in an earlier post that you propose to use mplayer with an
> identical set of options for the file types ra, rm, ram, and pls.

I don't know much about mplayer.
You can write and/or post an improved set of plugin blocks if you wish;
you can even have one block per suffix and one block per protocol
if such granularity is necessary.
I am also unsure of the content-type that might trigger these,
I imagine there is more going on that I posted.
Content strings, like suffixes, can be separated by commas.

The new pg command is a plugin toggle,
so you can disable the autoplay feature if you want to
actually look at or download the file.

Karl Dahlke