* [Edbrowse-dev] Ongoing Work
@ 2015-04-11 14:37 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-04-11 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Adam, I like your thoughts and ideas; please continue to post them,
even if you seem at the outset to be in the minority.
You have been such an enormous help to us over the past two years.

I am moving forward with the enhanced mime type, and link to content,
and connection to downloads, as per our discussions last week.
This one doesn't make my brain ache, so forward I march.
I already pushed a few changes along these lines.
One push fixes a bug in the makefile
that has been there for a while.

This summer I'd like to make more structural changes,
as we did with the separate js process.
In other words, I'd like to jump back in.
We need to keep pushing, to make this a real project,
or in Adam's words, "relevant".
I've been distracted lately by other things,
like a very important (personal) court case that finally finished last week,
and a math problem that's been sitting in my head for 35 years
and I finally decided god damn it to solve it.
It's really quite beautiful.
http://articles.eklhad.net/jumping
But I think next month things will settle down
and I can put more time / effort into edbrowse.
Of course we need to pick our design and direction carefully,
because a minute of thought is worth a megabyte of programming,
in any project.
A good rule of thumb is that if all three of us agree on a design,
then we should move forward with it.
That has worked well so far.

I'm guessing the use of tidy5 to parse html and create a tree of objects
should be the next structural change.
And then getting a version of imap to run; though the three of us don't need it,
it is often requested by users,
and I might like it if I had it and got use to it.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Ongoing Work
@ 2015-04-11 15:06 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-04-11 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)