* [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse wiki
@ 2015-07-18 21:07 Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-07-18 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

The edbrowse wiki is enabled on github.  It can be reached via
https://github.com/CMB/edbrowse/wiki.  Also, it can be checked out as a
git repository.
The clone URL depends on whether you have push access to the edbrowse
repo or not.  If you have push access, then clone
git@github.com:your_github_username/edbrowse.wiki.git
You should be able to push wiki changes to that repository.
For those who don't have push access, clone
https://github.com/CMB/edbrowse.wiki.git
Unfortunately, this isn't quite so useful for someone who cannot push.

-- Chris

* [Edbrowse-dev]  edbrowse wiki
@ 2015-07-18 22:02 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-07-18 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I'd say that parts of my user documentation, including all of chapter 9,
really belong in the wiki.
Then we can just reference the wiki in the "Mailing List" section.
I've been uneasy about chapter 9 since its inception
but didn't have anywhere else to put it.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse wiki
@ 2015-07-18 23:20 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-07-18 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Brannon; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 02:07:25PM -0700, Chris Brannon wrote:
> The edbrowse wiki is enabled on github.  It can be reached via
> https://github.com/CMB/edbrowse/wiki.  Also, it can be checked out as a
> git repository.
> The clone URL depends on whether you have push access to the edbrowse
> repo or not.  If you have push access, then clone
> git@github.com:your_github_username/edbrowse.wiki.git
> You should be able to push wiki changes to that repository.

It's probably worth pointing out that this only applies if you have set up ssh
access for github.

> For those who don't have push access, clone
> https://github.com/CMB/edbrowse.wiki.git
> Unfortunately, this isn't quite so useful for someone who cannot push.

Actually this URL can also be used by those with push access.
For example I just pushed a tiny change via this mechanism (I don't have ssh
access set up to github).

Cheers,
Adam.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse wiki
@ 2015-07-18 23:22   ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-07-18 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 06:02:39PM -0400, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> I'd say that parts of my user documentation, including all of chapter 9,
> really belong in the wiki.
> Then we can just reference the wiki in the "Mailing List" section.
> I've been uneasy about chapter 9 since its inception
> but didn't have anywhere else to put it.

Ok, if I get time tomorrow I can may be translate this into appropriate
markdown (I think that's the expected format according to what I've seen),
or may be I'll just run it through pandoc and then clean up by hand.
Either way it shouldn't be hard.

Cheers,
Adam.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse wiki
@ 2015-07-19  2:01     ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-07-19  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Adam Thompson <arthompson1990@gmail.com> writes:

> or may be I'll just run it through pandoc and then clean up by hand.

Yes, I should have mentioned that markdown is the appropriate format.
Also I gave the wrong clone URL for people who can push.  It really
needs to be
git@github.com:CMB/edbrowse.wiki.git
Sorry for the confusion.

-- Chris