* [Edbrowse-dev] general thoughts on the text editor
@ 2015-08-31  1:00 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2015-08-31  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Before the past few days, I had not used the text editing commands
ever, and I had been using the web browser for about 7 years.  So
my impressions are that it's very clean and enjoyable.  There are
a lot of commands I have not familiarized myself with, but I am
using c,d,a, - and the numbers.  These are very intuitive.
I wonder if edbrowse makes me edit and pore over things for a long
time (which I do already) because it is so fun and easy to
scroll back with ------ and find one more thing you would like
to splice into.
I am getting into trouble because if I have an unknown number
of lines of editing-runoff and scraps
at the end of the message and want to get rid of everything
below where I am, my fingers want to go d,d,d,d an indiscriminate
number of times, which I am getting from vi, where I think you
can say 999999999dd and be safe.  You just erase from where you
are to the end, you don't erase your whole thing.
I noticed that edbrowse will indeed start eating the last line and
shortening the whole thing.  Anyway, I know there are multiple
ways of getting there, like can you grab the present line number
into a variable and then use it in
n+1,$d
?

Just impressions from a new user,
thanks
Kevin
?
?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-08-31  0:58 UTC | newest]