* [Edbrowse-dev] tidy5 runs
@ 2015-08-27 12:53 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-08-27 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

As of the latest, tidy5 parses the html, and then throws the tree away.
This happens in parallel to everything edbrowse did before.
It's just for testing, just to get us started.

tidy warning messages are printed for local files,
in case you write your own html,
which I do, lots of it, and I want to check it for errors.
Errors are not printed for remote html off the internet,
you have no control over that anyways and don't want to see the errors,
or html that results from another source such as an email
or pdf2html converter in your plugin.

I have removed the tidy errors from usersguide.html, since that is a file
you will browse locally.
Also removed most of the tidy errors from jsrt, but not all of them,
because it's just a complicated file and will always have a few html warnings.
You can suppress the error messages even on a local file
by having the string  ntdymsg  in the filename.
So if you just don't want to see the html errors then do this

ln -s jsrt jsrt_ntdymsg2

Then edit and browse j*2.
Also remember to put this file in .gitignore

I primarily use this feature for my file of html bookmarks.
It will never be 100% error free, and it's not on my website, it's just for me,
so I don't care about the errors.
I have aliases etc to access my bookmarks
so I don't really care what the filename is.

This is a start.
Next step is to traverse the tidy tree and have a look at it,
print nodes in human readable form,
under debug level 5 or above,
to see what it is creating for us.
We have to see their nodes before we start folding them into our nodes.
Who would like to take this on?

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] tidy5 runs
@ 2015-08-29 13:14 ` Adam Thompson