* [Edbrowse-dev] default ebrc international
@ 2015-10-02  7:42 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-10-02  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

While thinking about international things...
A new feature is the autogeneration of .ebrc if you don't have one,
but of course it's in English.
We support other languages in our messages, should probably do so here.
Maybe not right away, depends on my mood and other things,
but here is a path to get there.

tools/buildsourcestring.pl
Change the program so it accepts multiple input files, like this
infile1 string1 infile2 string2 infile3 string3 ... outfile
It converts the text of the input files into C strings.

For example source files
ebrc-en.default ebrc-fr.default ebrc-de.default etc
These are translations of the default ebrc.
Run buildsourcestring and they all become strings in ebrc.c.

In messages.c, when the language is determined,
set the default ebrc string to the correct string for the language,
so if you need to write out this default file it will be correct.

And of course change the makefiles and CMakeList.txt
as ebrc translations become available.

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-10-02  7:39 UTC | newest]