* [Edbrowse-dev] socket.c and socket.h
@ 2015-12-30  2:46 Karl Dahlke
       [not found] ` <CA+Pgot+=bbdLr6GUo7++a9LRUGCG9uAHqicMcx97zq8DH-Rvrg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-12-30  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev; +Cc: ubuntu

Thinking about socket ipc for edbrowse,
I resurrected the old files, which were called tcp.c tcp.h,
but I renamed them to socket in that we will probably add udp capability.
Based on the comments in socket.c, I used these for portable sockets
between unix and windows NT. (How long ago was NT?)
I'm sure it worked at one point but who knows if it still does.
Geoff I'm copying to you because I don't know if you still monitor this mailing list.
Please have a look at these files and let me know what you think
with regard to portability and operation.
There is included a test program built by

	cc -DTEST_CONNECT socket.c -o testsock

which is in the test debug section of the makefile, so type
make testsock

Then from two different consoles

testsock l 5432
testsock c localhost 5432

l is for listen and c is for connect.

Type lines into the second and they appear at the first, until EOF.
It still works on Linux, don't know about windows.
Beyond this, Geoff, or whomever, we should add udp functions,
as Adam points out.

Or, if this is just too far off to be useful then we can delete them
and start over, but I hope it is at least a place to start.

Karl Dahlke