* [Edbrowse-dev] entering high unicodes
@ 2016-01-28  8:00 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-01-28  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

As per my last email about emojis,
I did something very simple that will probably meet my needs,
for as rarely as I do such things.
~u....; becomes the utf8 sequence for the hex unicode on input.
Semi is optional.
So my messsage to my wife is now written concisely as:

Love you ~u1f499 ~u1f49a ~u1f49b ~u1f49c

Strings become utf8, which are read by my adapter as
love you blue heart green heart yellow heart purple heart
so I know all is well.

This does not prevent a feature like ~[green heart] in the future,
with green heart in the config file, if I want to go to all that bother,
but I probably don't cause I just wouldn't be doing this
on a regular basis,
and for the rare times I do I don't mind looking up the unicodes.
I just needed an easy portable way to get them in,
and u hex digits is pretty standard, though sometimes written u+hex.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] entering high unicodes
@ 2016-01-28  8:01 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-01-28  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

> So my messsage to my wife is now written concisely as:
>
> Love you ~u1f499 ~u1f49a ~u1f49b ~u1f49c

Awwwwwwwwwwww!

* [Edbrowse-dev]  entering high unicodes
@ 2016-01-28 11:20   ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-01-28 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> > Love you (various hearts)

> Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Well as my wife said to the grocery store clerk as she bought a buttload
of junk food, "It's not every day you clock in 25 years of marriage."
We're back on diet now, but boy that was fun!

Karl Dahlke