* [Edbrowse-dev] js stop on error
@ 2016-06-24  1:21 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-06-24  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Perhaps js should stop, for that session,
if a js error occurs and debug >= 5.
This speaks to Kevin's point that you want to focus on the first js error,
not the zillionth, and that's what you're doing when at db5 or above.
This has no effect on our users, who do not debug.
We can do whatever we want in this area.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js stop on error
@ 2016-06-24 17:13 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-06-24 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

This would be nice to have.  Once you are echoing the JS code, there is so
much output that it is probably good just to take it to the first error.

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> Perhaps js should stop, for that session,
> if a js error occurs and debug >= 5.
> This speaks to Kevin's point that you want to focus on the first js error,
> not the zillionth, and that's what you're doing when at db5 or above.
> This has no effect on our users, who do not debug.
> We can do whatever we want in this area.
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists

* [Edbrowse-dev]  js stop on error
@ 2016-06-25  5:52   ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-06-25  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

We could add this to ebjs.c line 477.
I don't have strong feelings about it either way.

/* stop at the first js error when debugging */
if(head.msglen && debugLevel >= 5) {
head.highstat = EJ_HIGH_CX_FAIL;
head.lowstat = 0;
}