* [edbrowse-dev] document.cookie is fucked up
@ 2020-11-02  8:01 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2020-11-02  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Are you high? Are you completely baked?

This is a problem when no one is checking everything I write.

This has been wrong for years.
It's a wonder websites worked as well as they did.

edbrowse site1 site2

These should have cookies, or at least one of them anyways, they should present different cookies.
In either session, e1 or e2, jump into jdb.
document.cookie
It will always show you the cookies of the second site, never the first.
When the first site came up it had the right cookies, and maybe that's why a lot of things worked,
then the second site has its cookies but then those are the cookies you get; always the last cookies.

The stupid line of code,
jseng-duk.c 1253

As though there is one copy of cookies across all sessions and windows of edbrowse.

Now I have to think of a clever way to fix it, that isn't too gross.

I found this while converting stuff to mozjs c++, it forces me to read through it again,
and I got to that line and freaked out.
Then I ran the test as above on two websites, and sure nuff.

Karl Dahlke

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-02  8:02 UTC | newest]