From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
To: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Windows MSVC140 build
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 17:53:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Yes, I think I still have push access to your repo,
but over recent years have got into the habit of
changing, testing only in a forked branch...

And then when I am happy with the results, present
a Pull Request, which I then complete if I also have
access to the upstream master, like in this case...

It is just a few more git steps... so will do this when
tested...

 >> not sure I understood the use of 'ftruncate' in the second case...
 > It should have been cacheControl, a bug, I have fixed it now.

Ok, understand you are just developing the cache code,
and at this stage my changes were only to get a WIN32
msvc140 error free compile...

So I will continue in this just-fix-to-compile mode until you
actually 'connect' to the cache.c code, and want the
results tested, and working in windows...

And yes, I did carefully check where you are putting this in
Windows, and noted that you have used the TEMP environment
variable to locate this, and that is fine and correct in Windows...

And understand the unix philosophy of using ~/.ebcache is
quite different...

So this seems all correct to me, and thanks for taking the effort
to get it right for windows...

Regards, Geoff.