* [Edbrowse-dev] Send mail problem
@ 2016-08-04 15:44 Lawrence Baggett
From: Lawrence Baggett @ 2016-08-04 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Hello,
For some reason I can't send mail within edbrowse.
The sm command gives the error
"could not read the data from the server"
When I try with debug=6, I get lots of normal-looking code terminating
with something like

501-5.5.4 HELO/EHLO argument "lawrence.baggett@gmail.com" invalid, closing
501-5.5.4 connection.
501 5.5.4  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=helo a65sm1827857itd.18 -
gsmtp
curl>
HELO lawrence.baggett@gmail.com
could not read the data from the server

My gmail account works otherwise.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Larry

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Send mail problem
@ 2016-08-04 16:15 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2016-08-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Lawrence Baggett <Lawrence.Baggett@Colorado.EDU> writes:

> 501-5.5.4 HELO/EHLO argument "lawrence.baggett@gmail.com" invalid, closing
> 501-5.5.4 connection.
> 501 5.5.4  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=helo a65sm1827857itd.18

Hi,
Yes, this is apparently due to a change Google made a few months back.
I fixed it in git a while ago, but I'm guessing that you're not running
from git.

-- Chris