* [Edbrowse-dev] spam detection deleted
@ 2014-10-17  9:24 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-10-17  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

As per my email a week ago, I deleted the fledgling feature that was
going to detect spam email based on ip addresses.
It never worked, and nobody ever used it, except perhaps me in testing.
Hacking out code is easy and fun, the most interesting part being
the removal of the relevant paragraphs in the French documentation,
while of course not speaking any French.
I just look for keywords and such and usually find the right paragraphs and remove them.

Curl question for Chris:
As a browser, edbrowse always calls curl_global_init
as part of initialization.
Not so as a mail client.
It just jumps straight into pop3 or smtp.
This seems to cause no trouble -
but I'm wondering if I should be calling curl_global_init
for these pathways too.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] spam detection deleted
@ 2014-10-17 10:44 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-10-17 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> It just jumps straight into pop3 or smtp.
> This seems to cause no trouble -
> but I'm wondering if I should be calling curl_global_init

Yes it does!  I'm surprised it works without it...

-- Chris