* [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse snapshot compilation error
@ 2015-12-15 11:07 erwin
From: erwin @ 2015-12-15 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

hello,

a problem occured in compilation on my jessie 64 version problem ?
I've searched the variable "TidySkipQuotes" in /usr/include/tidy  : nothing found...
----
cc    -c -o html-tidy.o html-tidy.c
html-tidy.c: In function ‘html2nodes’:
html-tidy.c:65:23: error: ‘TidySkipQuotes’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  tidyOptSetBool(tdoc, TidySkipQuotes, yes);
                       ^
html-tidy.c:65:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
<builtin>: recipe for target 'html-tidy.o' failed
make: *** [html-tidy.o] Error 1
----

cheers
Erwin

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse snapshot compilation error
@ 2015-12-15 11:15 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-12-15 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erwin; +Cc: edbrowse-dev

erwin <erwinb@no-log.org> writes:

> html-tidy.c: In function ‘html2nodes’:
> html-tidy.c:65:23: error: ‘TidySkipQuotes’ undeclared (first use in this function)

Hello Erwin,
This variable was eliminated months ago.  Somehow, it appears that you
have an older version of the code.  Are you trying to build from git?
If so, please make sure that you are on the master branch and that it is
up to date.  In other words, git pull should print "already up to date"
when you pull.
Alternatively, the download link for the release is on the homepage.

Hope this helps,
-- Chris