* [Edbrowse-dev] js abort on db5
@ 2016-12-29  2:30 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-12-29  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

What do yall think of the idea of making the js abort on db5 even more
violent than it is already?  Could we add exit(0) and quit altogether?
Or perhaps not on db5, but could I define this on a large unused db
level such as db999 or just 1+ the highest that we have currently?

Example: I made a mistake in startwindow which was illegal within js
but didn't make compilation fail.  I had db5 on.  The "js abort due
to error while debugging" appears, but it is followed by hundreds
more lines of tidy and other output.  Might take a little time to
understand what happened, and the edbrowse session is shot because
javascript is now disabled so there was no point in continuing with
non-JS.
thanks
Kevin

* [Edbrowse-dev]  js abort on db5
@ 2016-12-29  3:29 ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-12-29  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Could we add exit(0) and quit altogether?

You mean ebjs.c line 488?
I'm ok doing an exit(5) at that point, but I'll hold off to see if someone has an objection.
If you were running js, with debug 5, and js is done, it's hard to see why you would want to march on. You can't even run jdb any more.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js abort on db5
@ 2016-12-29  3:32   ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-12-29  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

> If you were running js, with debug 5, and js is done, it's hard to see why you would want to march on. You can't even run jdb any more.

Exactly.

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js abort on db5
@ 2016-12-29  4:19   ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2016-12-29  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> If you were running js, with debug 5, and js is done, it's hard to see
> why you would want to march on. You can't even run jdb any more.

My first thought was to make this some sort of toggle command, like
"jsf".  When set, we wouldn't march on at debug >= 5.  But I can't think
of a good reason for having it unset.  Probably best just to crash and
burn here, and not produce all that extraneous debug output.

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js abort on db5
@ 2017-01-12 18:38     ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2017-01-12 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Carhart; +Cc: Karl Dahlke, Edbrowse-dev

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 07:32:32PM -0800, Kevin Carhart wrote:
> >If you were running js, with debug 5, and js is done, it's hard to see why you would want to march on. You can't even run jdb any more.
>
> Exactly.

Yeah, let's do this.  It'd make things a bit easier I think.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* [Edbrowse-dev]  js abort on db5
@ 2017-01-12 18:56       ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2017-01-12 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev