* [Edbrowse-dev] More edbrowse rejection
@ 2014-02-11  0:54 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-11  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I confirm, startpage doesn't work for edbrowse,
simply because they active deny us, not for any technical reason.
This pisses me off!
I set my agent to

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)

And it works.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] More edbrowse rejection
@ 2014-02-11  1:05 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2014-02-11  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> I confirm, startpage doesn't work for edbrowse,
> This pisses me off!

I've seen other sites do it, too, but not in a while.  Some will give an
HTTP 403 response to a GET request from edbrowse.  Either kpfa.org or
kpfk.org was bad about this for a few months, but they seem to have
stopped that a long time ago.

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that edbrowse is on some user-agent
shitlist out there.

-- Chris