* [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse on Debian Stretch
@ 2017-01-27 19:59 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2017-01-27 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Hi guys,

Debian provides edbrowse 3.6.1 as an official package, but I want to do
better than that. I grabbed the 3.6.2 source package from the edbrowse
site, but am unable to compile tidy5html. I am told the test compile
with cpp failed,  and when checking the version, I get this:

cpp --version
cpp (Debian 6.2.1-5) 6.2.1 20161124

Question: Should this version of cpp work? If so, I will have to look
deeper, I guess.

Chuck

--
Climate is what you expect, Weather is what you get.
Willoughby Ohio

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] edbrowse on Debian Stretch
@ 2017-01-27 22:43 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2017-01-27 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckhallenbeck@gmail.com> writes:

> but am unable to compile tidy5html. I am told the test compile
> with cpp failed,  and when checking the version, I get this:

Hi Chuck,
Since Debian already packages 3.6.1, you shouldn't need to build tidy5.
They already have it in their repos.  You should be able to get away
with installing it and its -dev package, though I'm not sure what
they're called over there.
After that, you should be able to build edbrowse.

As for why you weren't able to build tidy5, I don't know.  I'm guessing
it has to do with a missing tool or other package, rather than cpp.

Hope this helps,
-- Chris