* [Edbrowse-dev] allocating <SCRIPT> to <HEAD> or <BODY>
@ 2017-03-02  2:43 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-03-02  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

One of the tests in acid3 that fails is test #0 out of 0-99.
There may be multiple causes but I think I found one.  I was looking at
#0 because I wanted to take it from the top.

test #0 says this
var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script');
document.body.removeChild(scripts[scripts.length-1]);

The problem is that the script it is trying to find has parentNode head
and not body according to how we currently allocate them.

The acid3 page has some scripts out in limbo that are not inside of either
<HEAD></HEAD> or <BODY></BODY>.  For instance, the page begins like this

  <title>The Acid3 Test</title>
  <script type="text/javascript">
   var startTime = new Date();
  </script>

This might be a tidy question.  What should be the tree presence for
scripts that are found out in limbo?  In other words, if you had,

<HTML>1<HEAD>2</HEAD>3<BODY>4</BODY>5</HTML>

>From what branch should 1, 3 and 5 descend?

thanks
Kevin