* [Edbrowse-dev] <object>
@ 2016-01-15 23:06 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-01-15 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Speaking of object tags, should I try to slide a minimal understanding
of object into 3.6.1?
Right now it completely disappears.

I would treat <object> just like <div>,
it looks like the tidy tree is doing same,
and then we would at least see what is inside.
That is the alternate text, and it's not ideal,
ideal would be parsing the attributes and launching plugins etc,
but as a quick and easy start it's better than nothing.
So you would at least see something like

Your browser does not have shockwave player installed,
click here to download the {swf file}.

So Chris should I slide this in or wait til after 3.6.1?
I don't have strong feelings either way,
but it would be nice if <object> was not completely lost,
as it is now.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] <object>
@ 2016-01-16 14:39 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2016-01-16 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 06:06:37PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> Speaking of object tags, should I try to slide a minimal understanding
> of object into 3.6.1?

If it can be done and tested fairly quickly then,
as long as we haven't already tagged, I'd say yes.
If we have then may be do a 3.6.1.1 for this.

Cheers,
Adam.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* [Edbrowse-dev]  <object>
@ 2016-01-17  7:00   ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-01-17  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Ok it is in. Try this html.

<object><OL><LI>dog<LI>cat<LI>bird</ol></object>

Browse and get the list of 3 animals.
In jdb the proper nodes are under object under body,
and you can reset things through innerHTML.
Of course there is no regard for the tags or semantics
of <object>, that will come later.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] <object>
@ 2016-01-17  7:17 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2016-01-17  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> Speaking of object tags, should I try to slide a minimal understanding
> of object into 3.6.1?

Sounds cool.  We really do want to know what is inside of those at
least.

-- Chris