* [edbrowse-dev] comma-separated return statements
@ 2019-07-21  6:11 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2019-07-21  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

Wow, I should have looked this up many days ago.  There's a phrasing
created by minimization which is misleading for human readers.

FYI if you don't already know, in the compound return statement,

return a,b,c,d

The a,b,c are simply going to be run.  The real return value is the d.  It
is not somehow a compound value which draws from all of them because that
isn't how return works.

So return a,b,c,d is functionally the same as
a;
b;
c;
return d;

And this means that there can be a chance to echo values in between those
lines.  Otherwise, I thought I was stuck with these impenetrable blocks
that became illegal if you break them up.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-21  6:11 UTC | newest]