* [edbrowse-dev] eb within the Bash Layer for Win
@ 2019-09-25  4:27 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2019-09-25  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I was just telling Karl off list that there's a strange new thing in
Windows 10.  It's the Bash Layer for Windows.  I was clicking around, and
several things worked quite easily.  First I installed Ubuntu, and then I
confirmed that apt and git work comparably.  And pretty soon I had
compiled the latest edbrowse within the Ubuntu prompt.  I expected a UAC
cop, who never arrived.  I guess it doesn't touch the registry.

So, it's peripheral the same way cygwin is there but peripheral.  But I
am quite happy because I was getting itchy fingers without an edbrowse.

Kevin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-25  4:27 UTC | newest]