* [Edbrowse-dev] startpage
@ 2014-02-10 19:47 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-10 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

You aren't being blocked per se; I get the same message,
and I don't believe in coincidences.
There is something else amiss about the way we submit that query.
Probably should run it with db4,
especially noting the redirection to smartpage,
and compare that with what happens in another browser.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]  startpage
@ 2014-02-09 23:23 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-09 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> It isn't the behavior I see in Chromium, where a form element with
> id=submit does not mask document.form.submit, but a form element with
> id=foo is available as document.form.foo.

Then that is the behavior I should probably replicate, i.e. create
the named link unless it is submit, reset, or action.
I'm pretty sure I wrote that code seven years ago for a reason.
So I'll make that change, with comments, and push.

Here is how I think it all evolves.
Some website that is really popular, like facebook, for example,
has some bogus html or bogus javascript.
Firefox, for example, doesn't want to be the new browwser on the block
that can't run facebook.
So they deliberately program around the bogus js or html code in facebook.
And that gives facebook no insentive to clean up their code.
It just goes on, across many websites that are too big to fail.
Over two decades, all these little exceptions are programmed into
all the browsers out there, and they aren't documented anywhere in
any reliable way,
so if we're serious about edbrowse we have to rediscover all these exceptions
and program them into our DOM.
As Charlie Brown says, oh good grief.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]  startpage
@ 2014-02-09 19:04 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-09 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Here's a test page:

Yes I know, exactly, question is, do real web pages do that?

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev] startpage
@ 2014-02-09 17:35 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-02-09 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

I pushed the aforementioned change to comment out my line of code,
because clearly it must not run on this website,
and perhaps it shouldn't run at all.
Startpage with db3 now sends your request with no js errors,
but I always get the "overuse" page back instead of the google response.
Don't know why.

Karl Dahlke