* [Edbrowse-dev] jex mode and rerender
@ 2015-10-17  8:40 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-10-17  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Our javascript debugger,
which we enter by jex for javascript execution for historical reasons,
but looking at it now I think jdb for javascript debugger
would make more sense, what do you think?

Anyways when you enter that mode and make some changes and then leave,
edbrowse did not go down the same pathways as say running some onclick code.
You could set innerHTML, or add some options to an option list,
or createTextNode and appendChild to paste text into the document,
and none of that was reflected in the buffer.
I have fixed this.
As of the latest commit, side effects are processed,
and the buffer rerendered, as though you had pushed a button
to run onclick js code or some such.
This makes it easier to test our dom functions like create and append
and innerHTML and the like, and see the results rendered in the buffer.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] jex mode and rerender
@ 2015-10-17 21:43 ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2015-10-17 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

That's awesome!
Very helpful for following the side effects to
their resolution.

Any abbreviation is fine - I used to have it on 'y'
and 'z'!

Kevin

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, Karl Dahlke wrote:

> Our javascript debugger,
> which we enter by jex for javascript execution for historical reasons,
> but looking at it now I think jdb for javascript debugger
> would make more sense, what do you think?
>
> Anyways when you enter that mode and make some changes and then leave,
> edbrowse did not go down the same pathways as say running some onclick code.
> You could set innerHTML, or add some options to an option list,
> or createTextNode and appendChild to paste text into the document,
> and none of that was reflected in the buffer.
> I have fixed this.
> As of the latest commit, side effects are processed,
> and the buffer rerendered, as though you had pushed a button
> to run onclick js code or some such.
> This makes it easier to test our dom functions like create and append
> and innerHTML and the like, and see the results rendered in the buffer.
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists