* [Edbrowse-dev] js on page
@ 2016-02-11 12:06 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-02-11 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Well here we are again, js showing up on the web page.
That is almost always a tidy parsing issue, perhaps one we already
know about or perhaps a new one.
I really wanted this page to work as I am tracking some inmates.

https://www.oakgov.com/sheriff/Pages/Inmates-Current.aspx

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js on page
@ 2016-02-11 12:24 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2016-02-11 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:

> That is almost always a tidy parsing issue, perhaps one we already
> know about or perhaps a new one.

It's another case of issue 348,
https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues/348

-- Chris

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] js on page
@ 2016-02-17  9:12   ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-02-17  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

We're on the beat!  There is heavy deliberation happening on the thread
for issue 348 (for the benefit of anyone who reads edbrowse-dev but isn't
reading the issue 348 thread)

So there is probably something coming soon on this, which is pretty
exciting.  It could help both with Karl's scenario and also with
Sebastian's Google Groups example.

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, Chris Brannon wrote:

> Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> That is almost always a tidy parsing issue, perhaps one we already
>> know about or perhaps a new one.
>
> It's another case of issue 348,
> https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues/348
>
> -- Chris

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists

* [Edbrowse-dev] frames and iframes
@ 2016-03-23  6:23     ` Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-03-23  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

It's been quiet recently - I hope everyone is doing all right and is
having a good early 2016.

Thanks to Geoff's fix for tidy issue 348, fixing one thing exposes the
next, and the next thing in the Google Groups example involves an iframe.
  Do we support iframes presently?

Apparently the following things exist:
iframe.contentWindow
iframe.contentDocument

and there is a syntax like:
iframe.contentDocument.open("url..")
iframe.contentDocument.close()

Is anyone already familiar with these behaviors?  Are these essentially
the same as how a frame would behave?

I notice that if an iframe is created using
document.createElement("iframe"), it becomes TAGACT_FRAME.  So are open,
close, contentWindow and contentDocument also found on frame, in a
comparable fashion?

In case no one knows, thank you for reading and I will RTFM.

thanks
Kevin

* [Edbrowse-dev]  frames and iframes
@ 2016-03-23  8:58       ` Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2016-03-23  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

First a note about frames in general.
The html syntax
<frame src=blah>
doesn't open that page and paste its contents into the current buffer,
as happens with every other browser,
instead it creates a hyperlink to that page.
Click on that frame if you want to, or leave it be.
This is not a great strategy but 15 years ago it was easy,
and it's still easy.

If we wanted to continue this theme then
frame.contentDocument.open() would inject an anchor into the dom tree at that point,
and a hyperlink into the html,
as though it had said <frame src=blah> from the start.
This is doable of course, I just didn't know anything about it.
It might involve another js side effect.

Any help putting this together would be appreciated.
It's been quiet recently because my life is in termoil and I'm trying
to settle it down.

Karl Dahlke