* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] frames and iframes (fwd)
@ 2016-03-24  7:52 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-03-24  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Thanks for the messages, Steven and Karl.

Steven mentioned that my phrasing was off - please see below for how it
should be instead.

Well, it seems like a can of worms.  I am going to have to work on
something else for a couple of days, but this could be a very helpful area
to tackle.  I'll put some time into this as soon as I can.  There is no
great urgency, it is just a juicy problem.  First raised by Sebastian,
then it was the impetus for tidy issue 348, and now we can use it as the
jumping off point for more.

My guess is that one reason edbrowse will not display actual discussion
threads on Sebastian's example page:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/boost-compute/xJS05dkQEJk

is because that stuff exists inside of an iframe.

This is one snippet of non-minified, D.V. javascript from google which I
have been working with and which is raising errors:

u(){if(s){return}var
a=o.createElement(T);a.src=U;a.id=O;a.style.cssText=V+W;
a.tabIndex=-1;o.body.appendChild(a);
s=a.contentDocument;
if(!s){s=a.contentWindow.document}s.open();var
b=document.compatMode==X?Y:Z;s.write(b+$);s.close()}
function v(k){function l(a){function b(){if(typeof o.readyState==_){return
typeof o.body!=_&&o.body!=null}return
/loaded|complete/.test(o.readyState)}

Near the top it says a = o.createElement(T)

o is document
T is an iframe, which gets assigned to a
After that, it wants to say
s = a.contentDocument;
s = a.contentWindow.document;
s.open()

You're right, Steven, it follows what you described.  It's open() without
a parameter, and then there is a parameter to write(), followed by
close().  So I might be getting tripped up on some google ads library and
not know any better.  However, this google groups page does not contain
any advertising at all so maybe the iframe is for real content after all?

thanks
Kevin

From: Kevin Carhart @ 2016-03-24  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> This is one snippet of non-minified, D.V. javascript from google which I

Minified D.V. , I mean.