From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] patch remarks
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:58:02 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> Well seems reasonable enough so I pushed it,
> plus the substr correction you mentioned.

Thanks Karl!

> Commenting out iframe makes me a little nervous,
> it fixes some pages that crashed but mightit also break some pages
> that use to work??

I know.  I agree... it might break some pages that used to work, so it
probably should get uncommented again right away.
It's like a working demo, which is now there for posterity in version
control with a unique hash and timestamp, so it will be downloadable even
when we supercede it with more commits.  Maybe another way
of accomplishing this would have been to fork the edbrowse code so that it
is sitting under kcarhart instead of CMB, commit the bundle of changes and
say "would you please compile this in a side folder marked 'experiment'
and try it out?  If I do these couple of weird things that are way out on
a limb, as well as these other ten bits of implementation that I can
justify, we can get this whole round trip where several moving parts of
the program work together and a potentially common page behavior works
which doesn't otherwise."  It's food for thought, in the form of a
compileable codebase rather than just describing.  It kind of plays on the
lovely fact that edbrowse is so light, you can copy around the entire
thing just to illustrate a point, and it doesn't take prohibitive time to
compile or download.

Kevin