From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] obj = new Foo()
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 14:13:03 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

I am agnostic.  I remember the cumbersome embedding like

> js_rooted_value val = js_execute("new TextNode('elephant')");
> js_rooted_object my_text_object = js_value_to_object(val);
> // Thus capturing the instantiated object.

>From the xhr routine and other routines.  But I tend to mostly work on
DOM, so it doesn't matter as far as I am concerned.  I doubt we would want
to go back to moz.  Maybe one danger that comes to mind is that 'duktape'
becomes a ghost town.  I notice they have thriving and frequent commits
right now: 15 days ago, 6 days ago, 2 months ago.  It's actively
maintained right now, but this can change.  However, I don't think my
concern is any worse than the chaos of Mozilla yanking people around with
changes.

Kevin

PS Welcome Dominique.  Given your expertise it seems like you will come up
with some useful contributions, if you have time.  I'm in favor of masking
out passwords.  It seems non standard not to do it, and I always worried
about someone peeking over the user's shoulder.