* [HoTT] PhD Studentship at VU Amsterdam
@ 2024-04-04 14:08 Kristina Sojakova
From: Kristina Sojakova @ 2024-04-04 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

Dear all,

Klaus von Gleissenthall and I are looking for a PhD student to develop
effective and scalable tools to guard against side-channel attacks. In
hardware, an attacker can measure certain physical quantities such as the
time elapsed or the power consumed during a computation to recover a
surprising amount of secret  information. Such attacks are easy to
implement, difficult to detect, and powerful against strong encryption
mechanisms. As part of the PhD research we will apply techniques from the
analysis of cryptographic protocols and adapt them to the setting of
hardware to design a novel verification framework for processors.

Your duties will be to carry out research towards writing a PhD thesis at
the department of Computer Science at the Vrije Universiteit in
Amsterdam, collaborate with PhD students, postdocs and staff members within
the department,  and perform light supervision tasks (roughly 15% of your
time), for instance supervising Master and/or Bachelor thesis
projects. There will be opportunities to take courses for professional and
personal development.

We offer a salary of € 2.770,00 to € 3.539,00 gross per month in the fourth
year for a full-time employment, a holiday leave entitlement of 232 hours
per year, 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus, contribution to
commuting expenses, optional model for designing a personalized benefits
package, and a solid pension scheme (ABP).

If you are interested, you can drop me a message.

Best wishes,

Kristina