* [HoTT] 10 PhD studentships in Nottingham
@ 2022-11-21 13:20 Nicolai Kraus
From: Nicolai Kraus @ 2022-11-21 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

Dear all,

The School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham
in the UK is seeking applications for 10 fully-funded PhD
studentships: https://tinyurl.com/ten-phd-2022

Applicants in the area of the Functional Programming Lab
(tinyurl.com/fp-notts) are strongly encouraged!  If you are
interested in applying, please contact a potential supervisor
as soon as possible; the application deadline is 12th Feb 2023:

  Thorsten Altenkirch - constructive logic, proof assistants,
  homotopy type theory, category theory, lambda calculus.

  Ulrik Buchholtz - homotopy type theory, synthetic homotopy theory,
  proof assistants, constructive mathematics, and related topics.

  Graham Hutton - functional programming, haskell, category
  theory, program verification, program calculation.

  Nicolai Kraus - homotopy type theory, higher category theory,
  constructive mathematics, and related topics.

  Dan Marsden - category theory, logic, finite model theory,
  diagrammatic reasoning, foundations of computer science.

These positions are open to students of any nationality.

Best wishes,

The FP Lab

             10 Fully-Funded PhD Studentships

                School of Computer Science
               University of Nottingham, UK

             https://tinyurl.com/ten-phd-2022

Applications are invited from international and home students
for 10 fully-funded PhD studentships offered by the School of
Computer Science, starting on 1st October 2023.

The topics for the studentships are open, but should relate
to the interests of one the School's research groups:
Computational Optimisation and Learning; Computer Vision;
Cyber Security; Functional Programming; Intelligent Modelling
and Analysis; Mixed Reality; Uncertainty in Data and Decision
Making; Visualisation and Computer Graphics; Cyber-Physical
Health and Assistive Robotics Technologies.

The studentships are fully funded for 3.5 years and include a
stipend of £17,668 per year and tuition fees.  Applicants are
normally expected to have a first-class class bachelors or
masters in Computer Science or another relevant area, and
must obtain the support of a potential supervisor in the
School prior to submitting their application.

If you are interested in applying, please contact a potential
supervisor as soon as possible, and at least two weeks prior
to the closing date.  If the supervisor wishes to support
your application, they will direct you to make an official
application through the MyNottingham system.

Closing date for applications: Sunday 12th February 2023.

* [HoTT] Re: 10 PhD studentships in Nottingham
@ 2023-01-09  9:54 ` Nicolai Kraus
From: Nicolai Kraus @ 2023-01-09  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

Dear all,

this is a reminder that the application window for the Nottingham PhD
studentships will close soonish. I wrote in the previous message that the
deadline is the 12th of February 2023, but please note that this is the day
by which the university needs to receive formal applications. Before a
formal application can be submitted, applicants already need to have the
confirmed support of their potential future supervisor and discussed the
application.

If you would like to apply for a studentship in Nottingham, please contact
us as soon as possible! I'm always happy to talk about it if you're
interested.

Best wishes,
Nicolai

@ 2021-02-11 15:06 Nicolai Kraus